Wireless Printing currently disabled
There are several cybersecurity vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Windows operating system affecting the service known as print spooler (this gives the ability to print) with the most common vulnerability known as “PrintNightmare.” These vulnerabilities are extremely high risk, allowing attackers to remotely take over computer networks with minimal effort. Microsoft has not developed a fix for this problem, and it may take several months until an adequate solution is provided. The recommendation from Microsoft and the Canadian Shared Security Operations Centre (CanSSOC) is to disable printing for any system that does not absolutely require it. It is not possible to appropriately defend against these attacks from non-corporate devices so we have to disable wireless printing until a fix is released by Microsoft.
Web Print allows you to print PDF documents or images from your own laptop while connected to Capilano University Wi-Fi.
- Connect to Capilano University Wi-Fi by following the instructions for connecting to our wireless networks.
- Go to the Web Print website where you should see a login screen.
- Enter your username (in the form of firstnamelastname e.g. johnsmith5) in the Username field and your password in the Password field.
- Click Log in.
- From the menu on the left side, click Web Print.
- In the Web Print screen, click Submit a Job to start.
- Select a printer from the list or search using the Quick Find field.
- Once you have selected a printer, click Print Options and Account Selection at the bottom right of the webpage.
- Choose how many copies you would like to print, select Charge to my personal account and click Upload Documents.
- Click Upload from computer, select your document(s) and click Open. Click Upload & Complete to print.
- You will see a summary page with a list of your printouts.
- Walk over to the printer to pick up your printout.