Follow these instructions If you've forgotten your password or need to reset your password.
Register for Self-service Password Reset (SSPR)
Please ensure you have set up your recovery information first before attempting to reset your password.
Passwords used to gain access to the University systems and applications must be unique; and must not be used for non-University services, including but not limited to personal banking, online shopping sites, and social media sites.
Note: Your CapU password must be at least 14 characters long.
Account passwords must not contain:
- the user’s given name, surname, or preferred name;
- the user’s Capilano University username;
- student number or employee number;
- previously used password; and
- a known compromised or commonly used weak password.
Passwords must be changed at a minimum every calendar year (365 days).
How to reset your password
- To reset your password, visit the password reset page on Microsoft Online.
- Type in your CapU email address as the User ID,
- firstname.lastname@example.org for employees,
- email@example.com for students.
- Enter the characters in the picture then click Next.
- You will choose one contact option before you can reset your password. Select either your mobile phone or alternate email as per your security recovery information.
Option 1 (Mobile Phone) sends a verification code to the mobile phone number that you have configured for your account.
Click Text. Enter the verification code you received by text. Click Next.
Option 2 (Email) sends a verification code to the personal email that you have configured for your account.
Click Email. Enter the code from the email that was just sent. Click Next.
- Change your password. Enter a new password and re-enter it in the "Confirm new password" field. Click Finish.
You will see a notice that your password has been reset.
- You will receive a confirmation once your password has been reset both to your CapU email and your non-CapU email.
Congratulations, you have successfully reset your password.
Not able to reset your password?
If you are not able to reset your password using these instructions your account may be missing some information and you will need to get additional help from IT Services.