Register for tuition-free academic upgrading courses at our North Vancouver and Sunshine Coast campuses.
If you don’t have the admission requirements for the program or courses you’re interested in right now, don’t worry. We can help you get there.
Which of our academic upgrading programs will be best for you? Get in touch with our Academic Upgrading team today to learn more.
Adult Basic Education (ABE)
ABE courses can be taken full- or part-time. They can help you:
- complete your high school courses and achieve your BC Adult Dogwood Graduation Diploma
- improve your marks in Grade 11 or 12 courses needed as prerequisites for post-secondary studies
- improve your GPA
- complete university prerequisites.
If you are new to ABE at CapU, please visit the Apply and Register for New ABE or CUP Students page for information about our assessment and registration process.
Upcoming courses and times can be viewed on the 2022 Summer Timetables (pdf).
Students taking ABE at the Ts̓zil Learning Centre in Mt. Currie should contact TLC@capilanou.ca to inquire about upcoming courses.
If you are a returning (taken ABE classes in the last 2 years) ABE student, please visit the Current and Returning ABE or CUP Students page for information about our registration process.
Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents do not pay tuition fees for ABE courses.
International students do pay tuition fees for ABE courses.
All students pay for:
You may apply for the Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) to help with incidental fees and textbook costs. The grant is based on financial need.
English for Academic Purposes/English as a Second Language (EAP/ESL)
If English is not your first language, EAP prepares you to:
- research and write academic essays
- read academic textbooks and peer-reviewed articles
- understand academic lectures and take notes
- deliver academic presentations based on research.