- Go to the Settings on your Android device and click on Accounts.
- Click on Add account within the Accounts screen.
- From the options presented, click Exchange.
- On the Add your email address screen, type your Capilano University email (email@example.com) in the Enter your email field and click NEXT.
- Type your password in the Password field and click NEXT.
- A pop-up may appear asking to send information in order to detect the appropriate settings for your email account. Click OK to continue.
- Within the Incoming server settings screen, ensure that the following information is correct:
Username: Your Capilano University email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Your password
Security type: SSL/TLS
- Click NEXT.
- Your device will check the server settings and you will see a Validating server settings screen while this is happening.
- Once the account is validated, choose your Account options and click NEXT.
- Your device will ask for your permission to turn on features associated with Exchange accounts. Click OK to accept.
- Your device will summarize the features associated with Exchange accounts and ask you to accept by clicking ACTIVATE.
- Once the account is ready, you can choose an Account name and then click NEXT to complete the setup.
Email Setup on Android Devices
IT Client Services 604 984 4952 Library Building, room LB101 email@example.com