To protect our participants, community, faculty and students, all research with human participants or human biological materials conducted under the auspices of Capilano University is subject to approval by our Research Ethics Board (REB). This includes research by faculty and students or by other researchers at Capilano University, and/or research that involves Capilano University employees or students.
In accord with the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (TCPS, 2014), the governing principles of the Capilano University Research Ethics Board correspond with the ethical principles of Respect for Persons, Concern for Welfare, and Justice.
All research involving human participants requires compliance with Capilano University's Research Ethics policy (S2002-01) and with the TCPS policy statement (TCPS, 2014). Research proposals must be submitted and approved by the REB before participants are recruited or data is collected.
Upcoming REB Meetings
- Friday, January 25, 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 22, 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 22, 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 26, 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 24, 2:30 p.m.
- The Capilano University Research Ethics Policy: Research with Human Participants (S2002-01) (pdf)
- The Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics (PRE)
- Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS) (pdf)
- TCPS 2: CORE Tutorial (Course on Research Ethics)
- The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act