We are comprised of four employee groups: Faculty, Staff, Administrators and Exempt. Faculty are unionized and are part of the Capilano Faculty Association (CFA). Staff are also unionized and are part of the Movement of United Professionals (MoveUP). Both Administrators and Exempt are not unionized.
Please visit the Why CapU page to see some of the benefits we offer employees.
The standard working hours are 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. However, hours may differ depending on your role.
Yes, you can access CapU by public transportation. The following buses are able to drop you directly on campus: 255, 239, 130 and 28.
On campus, you also have access to the car-sharing service Evo.
No, but our parking rates are very competitive. We also offer designated free parking spots for individuals who utilize the car-sharing service Evo.
Applying for a job
Applying to jobs at CapU is a simple 4 step process:
- Go to CapU's careers portal.
- Search through our Current Opportunities to see if there are any staff, faculty or administrative positions that interest you. Apply for the job by creating an application.
- Fill out the questions and attach your resume and cover letter.
- Monitor the jobs that you apply for. Please keep in mind that only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CapU has four employee groups. Three of which fall under “non faculty”
- Exempt: This employee group is exempt from the collective agreement. Primarily support staff.
- Administrators: This employee group is made up of Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents.
- Staff: This unionized employee group is part of the MoveUP collective agreement.
- Regular Faculty: This is a permanent appointment with no end date.
- Non-Regular Faculty: This appointment type can expire. These faculty members are paid per term and have no commitments.
- Special Appointee: This appointment can be a regular or non-regular faculty position, with approval from the union.
- Regular Limited Term: The regular appointment has an end date.
While each position is different, a basic tip to make it easier for us to understand how your skills match the position is to target your resume and cover letter.
Make note of the specific requirements requested for each posting, including the general duties and knowledge, skills and abilities listed. If you do have these skills and qualifications, please indicate this clearly in your resume and cover letter then we can accurately assess your skills and qualifications.
You will be asked for:
- Your contact information (name, address, phone number, email and employee ID if you have worked for CapU previously or currently)
- Your employment/educational history by attaching your resume and cover letter. For some positions, a transcript may be required.
You may use the following letter salutations in your cover letter:
- To Whom It May Concern
- To the Hiring Committee
No. In order to be considered for a position, each candidate must apply through our careers portal.
Yes. Once an application profile has been created, there is no limit to the number of positions an individual can apply to. However, each position is viewed and assessed independently. Ensure your resume includes the relevant information for the specific position/posting you are applying for.
Once the posting has closed, resumes are reviewed by the Hiring Manager as well as the hiring committee. All short-listed candidates will be contacted by phone or email.
Short-listed candidates will be brought in for an interview. If successful in the interview, there may be a testing component. Please visit Testing for further details. After testing, Human Resources will conduct reference checks.
Please note that for MoveUp and CFA positions, internal applications will be considered first before reviewing external applications.
All applicants will receive an email confirming that their application has been received. You can check the status of your application by signing into our careers portal.
Due to the volume of competitions and applicants we receive, we respectfully ask that applicants do not contact HR for updates in the recruitment process – only those short-listed for interview will be contacted. Once the position has been filled, all applicants are notified.
Using our careers portal
Adobe Acrobat PDF and Microsoft Word are accepted.
Once you submit your application, you are unable to make further changes as it has been sent directly to the hiring manager for review.
The posting says that I need to provide proof of education, at what stage do I need to provide this?
Upon hire, successful candidates will be requested by Human Resources to submit their proof of education. If you would like to upload your unofficial transcript or proof of education at the application stage, please include it when you upload your documents.
All postings close at midnight on the closing date - you will be able to apply until 11:59 p.m. PST
Once a posting is closed, we are unable to accept further applications. However, we encourage you to continue to visit our careers portal, for any future openings that may be of interest to you.
Click on the "Log In" link and then the "Forgot your username or password?" link below the log in fields to reset your password.
If you have any additional questions that were not answered above, please contact our Human Resources department at 604 986 1911, ext. 2098.
Once you have withdrawn your application, you are not able to resubmit.