The annual budget process
Capilano University's annual budget process provides our roadmap for spending from year-to-year.
The budget process is established by the University Act and executed by the Board policy governing the budget. The University Act requires the Board of Governors to annually produce a balanced budget.
Capilano University's annual budget outlines our financial plans for the fiscal year, which runs from April to March.
What factors affect the budget?
A number of factors affect the budget, including:
- Government funding
- Student demand for programs, courses and services
- Strategic Plan outcomes/commitments
- Labour settlements
- Inflationary increases
- Operating costs
- Investment returns
- International student recruitment
If you have questions or want to know more about Capilano University's budget process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2022/23 Letter of Direction (pdf)
- 2021/22 Mandate Letter (pdf)
- 2020/21 Mandate Letter (pdf)
- 2019/20 Mandate Letter (pdf)
- 2018/19 Mandate Letter (pdf)