Financial Aid and Awards
Financial Aid and Awards supports students by assisting them in formulating a plan to finance their education and increasing their financial resiliency. Our advisors provide students with support in the areas of awards, government student loans, other government-funded programs, and student lines of credit, and by facilitating access to external awards and providing assistance in budgeting for their education.
Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards
The Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards Guide contains a comprehensive listing of the awards administered by the University, and includes details about award-specific eligibility criteria and how to apply. The Guide is available at Scholarships, Bursaries & Awards.
- A variety of entrance awards are available for new students, including tuition scholarships that are renewable for up to 4 years of study.
- Information on applications and deadlines is available at Future Students.
- A wide range of scholarships, bursaries, and awards are available for current students, including scholarships that recognize academic achievement and bursaries that support financial need.
- Information on applications and deadlines is available at Current & Returning Students.
Workshops, Seminars, Information Sessions
- Topics include financing your education, budgeting, money management, understanding student loans and student loan repayment, and applying for awards.
- Multiple sessions are offered each term; the current schedule is available at Financial Aid & Awards Events.
Confidential Student Financial Advising
- Pre-booked appointments and drop-in sessions are available.
Canadian Student Loans and Grants
- StudentAid BC full-time and part-time student financial assistance programs
- Out-of-province student financial assistance programs
- BC Provincial Tuition Waivers and Funding for Youth Aged Out of Care
- Adult Upgrading Grants (AUG)
- Learning Disability Assessment Bursary
- Student Lines of Credit
U.S. Student Loans, Deferment, and Benefits
Please visit Funding for International Students for information on the following:
- Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Private U.S. loans
- Deferment status for prior U.S. Direct Loans