Not feeling like yourself? Experiencing ongoing stress, anxiety or struggles? Our counsellors are here to help you get back on track.
Book an Appointment
Indigenous students are able to book an appointment with an Indigenous Counsellor.Book an appointment
All current students are able to book an appointment with a Counsellor.Book an appointment
Important: Confirmation and reminder messages from the online booking system may go to your CapU junk mail folder, so please ensure you have checked this folder and mark these messages as "not junk."
Counselling sessions at CapU
Many students experience academic stress, personal difficulties and mental health challenges during their time at university. You are not alone. Counselling sessions at Capilano University are free and confidential.
Download Confidentiality - Capilano University Counselling Services (pdf) for more information.
If you have any additional questions about our services, visit our FAQ page.
See a counsellor
To see a counsellor, you can make an appointment by booking online, calling 604 984 1744 or emailing email@example.com. Counselling appointments are offered in person (mask required), by phone or Microsoft Teams and only available to students currently residing in B.C.
Students who are studying on the Sunshine Coast can set up an appointment with our counselor, Jules Smith. They can book an appointment through our receptionist at the front desk, in person, or by calling 604 885 9310. Appointments are typically an hour long.
A limited number of appointments are reserved daily for urgent situations. These are not available for online booking; for assistance, please call 604 984 1744 during office hours.
Multiple online appointments must not be booked without a counsellor's approval. Multiple appointments booked without approval are subject to cancellation.
Counselling Office hours
|Monday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
If our counselling services are closed and you need urgent support, please call:
- 1 800 SUICIDE: 1 800 784 2433 (24/7, anywhere in BC)
- BC Crisis Centre: 604 872 3311 (24/7, Vancouver)
- BC Crisis Centre: 1 866 661 3311 (24/7 Sunshine Coast / Sea to Sky)
- Online Chat Service for Youth (noon to 1 a.m.)
- Online Chat Service for Adults (noon to 1 a.m.)
- Crisis Line Daytime: 604 885 6101 (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, Sunshine Coast only)
- After Hours Crisis: 604 740 0442 (3:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekends, Sunshine Coast only)
- St Mary's Hospital: 604 885 2224 (Sechelt)
- Here2Talk 24/7 Counselling Support: Canada-wide toll free 1 877 857 3397; Canada-wide direct 604 642 5212