Virtual computer labs allow students to use classroom software on their own devices.
Off-campus access to academic software running in on-campus computer labs has always posed a challenge. We have implemented the application virtualization platform called AppsAnywhere, which will allow students to securely access a variety of software from off-campus.
We are unable to virtualize all software, due to technical and licensing constraints, but we will be working with the faculties to prioritize requests for what is possible
Virtual computer labs utilize AppsAnywhere to provide a library of software accessible on-demand anywhere on or off-campus.
Explore what's already available in AppsAnywhere. Log in with your Capilano University username and password.
How to make AppsAnywhere software requests
- For a single request please visit the Ask IT Help Centre.
- For multiple requests, email AskIT@capilanou.ca using the Software request spreadsheet (Frontlines) and the subject line: iCAP - 2020-2021 Virtual Software Requests.
Departments that wish to make a request for all their instructors at one time are asked to designate a contact person to submit the request and to act as a liaison with IT Services.
System/browser requirements for using AppsAnywhere:
- AppsAnywhere Client v1.2.0
- Cloudpaging Player v9.1.9
- 64-bit Windows 7 or 10
- Recommended 8Gb memory
- All major browsers are supported, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
- 64bit or 32bit applications, check individual application requirements on the AppsAnywhere portal
- High speed internet connection (50Mpbs or greater)
- OSX (Apple), iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android & Linux are not supported