The Senate Teaching and Learning (STL) Committee is a standing committee of the Senate and makes recommendations to Senate.
- To advise the Senate and provide institutional oversight on policies and practices related to teaching and learning.
- To advise the Senate on the evaluation of the quality of teaching and learning and the assessment and evaluation of student learning.
- To advise the Senate on educational technology and other resources that support teaching and learning, including open learning resources and practices.
- To consult with, and to be consulted by, the Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE), the Teaching and Learning Council, Information Technology (IT), the Creative Activity, Research and Scholarship (CARS) Office, the Office of Indigenous Education and Affairs, Deans, and other areas of the university on initiatives that relate to teaching and learning.
- To establish such subcommittees as needed to fulfill the Committee's responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senate.
2020 - 2021 MEMBERSHIP
|Chair of Senate||Paul Dangerfield|
|Vice-Chair of Senate||Stephen Williams|
|Faculty||John Molendyk (BUS)|
|Faculty||David Weston ((A&S)|
|Faculty||Tahmina Shayan (EDU)|
|Administrator, Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE)||Laura MacKay|
|Administrator, Information Technology (IT)||Anthony Lung|
|Administrator, Creative Activity, Research and Scholarship (CARS)||Dawn Whitworth|
|Executive Member, Capilano Student Union||Hartaj Wadhwa|
|Administrator, Indigenous Education and Affairs||Miranda Huron|
|*one additional faculty member will be added if the Vice-Chair of Senate is not a faculty member|