Academic advisors at CapU can assist you in-person, virtually, over the telephone or via email. More about advising services below.
We offer advising services 12 months of the year. Get a headstart on planning your future at CapU with help from our advisors!
Advising Services Schedule
Connect with us for a quick appointment. Ideally, this service is for students who have taken 60 credits or less, have already met with an Academic Advisor, and have a program planner on file. Drop-in sessions are intended to be 10 – 15 minutes in duration. Further appointments might be needed for in-depth program planning (60+ credits, or complex situations).
You must have an updated program planner created by an academic advisor, request your program planner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can book in-depth (longer) advising sessions through the appointment booking system.
Joining a drop-in session
- Click the Zoom link to join as an attendee.
- You will be added to the queue based on when you arrive.
- Have your student number ready.
Academic Advisors are here to support you with remote and in-person appointments. We strongly encourage you to think about your interests and what you are hoping to gain from the appointment. This is ideal for individuals who:
- require assistance with course selection and initial program planning
- want to check program progression
- are returning to studies following an absence (especially if you have missed two major semesters e.g. fall and spring)
- are exploring transfer options after a period of study at Capilano University
- need course pre-requisites, elective options, concentrations
- continued support for a previously established program plan / progression checks and
- newly admitted students wanting assistance in starting your academic career
Remote / virtual appointments: you can pre-book one week ahead with the following options: phone call, Microsoft Teams, or Zoom. New remote appointments are added to the virtual academic advising calendar one week in advance. If there are no appointments displayed, check back every Wednesday for the following week's schedule.
In-person appointments: if you are on campus, you can reserve your spot through same-day bookings. New in-person appointments are added by 9 a.m. same day, Monday through Thursday.
Service hours: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday to Friday (except for holidays).
After clicking the booking button, select the following:
- Remote or In-Person appointment
- If you have selected remote appointment, indicate the preferred type of appointment (phone, MS Teams or Zoom).
- If you would like to connect using Microsoft Teams, set up Teams prior to the meeting through your myCapU account.
- If you have selected in-person appointment, our offices are located in the Registrar's Office, Library Building, room LB152. Download our Campus Map (pdf) for our location.
- Please provide us with at least two hours' notice to cancel your scheduled appointment.
You will receive a confirmation email upon booking your appointment.
To book an appointment, you must be able to access your myCapU account. Some students may not be able to access the online booking system. If you are unable to access your account or book online, please contact the Registrar's Office at 604 984 4900 (option 5).
If you are unable to meet with an Academic Advisor, don't worry! We are also available to answer your questions through email email@example.com. Send us your full name, student number, and reason for inquiry e.g. program planning, course selection, etc.