All Capilano University account passwords expire every 180 days.
- Log in to Employee Self-Service using your username in the Username field and your password in the Password field.
- If your password is expired, you will be prompted to choose a new password.
Note: Your password must be at least 6 characters long. It is advisable to choose a password that contains at least one letter, one number, and a special character.
- If you are not prompted for a new password, you can always reset your password.
It is possible your account has been locked, please contact IT Services for assistance.
If you have forgotten your password, you can always reset your password.
You can reset your password by following the quick steps below or the detailed walkthrough on the Resetting Your Password page.
- To reset your password, visit the password reset page on Microsoft Online.
- Type in your CapU email address as the User ID.
- Enter the characters in the picture then click Next.
- You will choose one contact option before you can reset your password. Select either your mobile phone or alternate email as per your security recovery information.
- If you do not see any contact options please contact IT Services for assistance
- Change your password. Enter a new password and re-enter it in the "Confirm new password" field. Click Finish.
If you are still having issues logging in, please contact IT Services for assistance.
The initial temporary password for the Banner (INB) application is the last 6 digits of your SIN. If you have forgotten your password, please contact IT Services in order to request a password reset.
Contact Human Resources first in order to change your Capilano University records to your legal name.
Once Human Resources has changed your records, please contact IT Services to ask for a change in your username and email address.
Please contact IT Services with
- your current username
- desired username and/or email address, and
- the reason why you would like to change your username and/or email address.
Capilano University now uses Single Sign-On (SSO) to log you into your email, eLearn and certain other applications.
How Single Sign-On works
When you sign on to your workstation or any other Campus computer, Single Sign-On will use your login information to automatically log you into to SSO enabled applications when they are opened.
If you use your own laptop or mobile device, you may be prompted for a login when opening an SSO enabled application. This is designed to happen once. Once you've logged in to an SSO application you should not have to log in a second time.
Always log off or lock your workstation to keep your account secure when you are away from your computer.
If you open a CapU application while off-campus (at home or in a Wifi hotspot) you may be prompted to enter your CapU account. You can log in once and shouldn't be prompted again unless you close your browser.
Logging in to Single Sign-On
If prompted, enter your username or email (in the form of firstnamelastname e.g. johnsmith5) in the Username field and your password in the Password field and tap Sign in.
You should see the following page if prompted for an SSO-enabled login:
Applications that use Single Sign-On
- Outlook365 Email
- all Office365 apps
- eLearn (Moodle)