Applications are now open to the CUAA 12 month mentorship program!
Create the world you want to live in
The Capilano University Alumni Association (CUAA) is empowering the next generation of leaders by sharing knowledge, resources and support through a unique 12-month mentorship program.
The program is designed to empower Capilano University Alumni to create the world they want to live in. Mentees will be matched with leading industry experts across a number of industries and receive one on one mentorship, networking opportunities, and professional development training sessions.
- Networking events;
- Professional development sessions led by industry experts to help carve your career path;
- Peer networking including an online forum to share ideas and insight throughout the program;
- 12 one-hour meetings with your matched mentor (a leading industry expert in your desired field); and
- Ongoing support and resources from the CUAA on managing the mentor/mentee relationship.
- Further develop your skills and carve your career path;
- Obtain the support and guidance you need to develop or launch a passion project to positively contribute to your community; and
- Build and expand your network and receive individual coaching from an industry expert.
- Must be a recent Capilano University alumni (within the past 5 years);
- Must be able to meet the program time commitments and build a relationship with your mentor, including taking initiative to set up monthly meetings;
- Must have the drive and passion to make a positive impact in the world and be interested in personal development; and
- We are looking for mentees that are currently working on or have plans to launch a project (either solo venture or within your current organization) that will positively impact your community.
Preference will be given to projects that tie into the below global goals.
- Shape the next generation of professionals to be conscious leaders and changemakers in the Vancouver community and beyond;
- Encourage and support a recent Capilano University Alumni in launching a passion project that will positively impact their community and work towards achieving the UN's global goals for sustainable development; and
- The CUAA mentorship program will aim to connect mentors and mentees based on the personal and professional aspirations and interests of both parties.
- Mentors must be industry professionals who have passion for what they do and are interested in mentoring Capilano University alumni and providing guidance on their future career path and community project;
- Mentors must be willing and able to provide open communication between themselves and mentees to facilitate interaction, engagement and sharing of knowledge and experience; and
- Mentors must be able to meet (in person or virtually) for one hour each month throughout the 12-month program.
To note, mentors will receive a mentoring handbook and additional support and resources to help guide conversations with their mentee.
Mentors do not have to be Capilano University graduates to be accepted.
The 12-month program will run November 2022 – October 2023.
- Applications Close: November 9, 2022
Please reach out to email@example.com with any additional questions.