Dates: November 21–24, 2023
Location: Various locations around campus
Awaken the traveller in you!
This year’s IEW at CapU celebrates the diversity of cultures at CapU and around the world. Learn about exciting study abroad programs and global engagement opportunities open to CapU students and the community. Join us as we celebrate travel and cultures through interactive, study abroad and international booths, delicacies from world cuisines, music, and dialogue.
This year’s IEW is generously sponsored by Wireless World.
Time: 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Location: CSU lounge, CIE lounge and Library corridor (1st floor)
Let’s celebrate international education across borders and time zones!
- Re-ignite your wanderlust! Learn about different cultures, world cuisines, clothing and customs, and broaden your horizons through an interactive show-and-tell.
- Meet CapU’s past Study Abroad students, the International Leadership and Mentorship Program mentors and many other students.
- Learn how to study abroad at one of over 25 CapU’s partner destinations through full-term exchanges or field schools in your 2nd or 3rd year of studies.
Visit booths at the fair and collect stamps for a chance to win one of our travel-inspired prizes:
- Collect 15 stamps: Chromebook laptop plus an iPhone or Android charging block and cable
- Collect 10 stamps: Chromebook laptop
- Collect 5 stamps: Two Fly-Over Canada tickets
Winners will be announced in the Instagram Live session on Wednesday, Nov. 22.
This year’s fair will feature music by the CapU Jazz Studies students. With a Latin music twist, the David Caballero Trio will welcome us to the international celebration of jazz music.
Time: noon–12:30 p.m.
Description: Check out the live session to hear who the Study Abroad and International Fair winners are. Tune in as we talk about travel, study abroad, and fun cultural events happening around the city this month.
Time: 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
Location: Library building, in the corridor between CIE and CSU
Description: From the soothing serenity of Japanese green tea to the vibrant spice of Indian chai, our tea selection will take your taste buds on a world tour. Mingle with study abroad students while you test your tea knowledge, win prizes, and pair your favourite tea with some cookies, too.
In celebration of International Education Week, Chartwells will feature the following international cuisines in the Birch Cafeteria:
|Meat taco bowl
|Veggie taco bowl
|Bolognese pasta with garlic bread
|Vegetarian Bolognese pasta with garlic bread
|Niku-jaga with steamed rice (Beef & potato stew)
|Tofu-jaga with steamed rice (Tofu & potato stew)
|Tandoori chicken thigh with basmati yellow rice
|Tandoori paneer with basmati yellow rice
International Education Week 2023 is organized and hosted by the Wong and Trainor Centre for International Experience at Capilano University.