The Senate Budget Advisory Committee (SBAC) is a standing committee of Senate that advises the president on the preparation of the annual budget. SBAC's mandate arises from s.62(2) of the University Act: "the president must prepare and submit to the board an annual budget in consultation with the appropriate standing committee of the senate."
- To review the University's annual budget with respect to its impact upon the University's programs and educational services.
- To make recommendations to the president sufficiently in advance of the adoption of each University budget as to allow SBAC's recommendations to be considered by the president in making budget decisions.
- To request, receive and review data and make recommendations in a timely manner to the president as deemed appropriate in relation to the University budget.
- To recommend to Senate a draft Senate operations budget, in accordance with Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training guidelines and University policies.
- To report to Senate on its activities.
2021 - 2022 Membership
|Vice-Chair of Senate||Stephen Williams|
|Faculty||Michael Thoma (Chair)|
|(Nov-Voting) Ex-Officio Member
|VP Finance and Administration||Vacant|
|*One additional faculty member will be added if the Vice-Chair of Senate is not a faculty member.|