In support of the specific knowledge, understanding, and skills developed in individual programs, the institution has identified seven broad learning outcomes for all students. These institutional student learning outcomes are:
- Self-directed learning, awareness, and responsibility;
- Up-to-date information gathering and research skills;
- Communication skills;
- Quantitative reasoning ability;
- Group and social interaction skills;
- Creative, critical, and analytical thinking skills; and
- Community/global consciousness and responsibility.
Each program of study defines how students meet the Institutional Learning Outcomes, all of which are supported by the Cap Core Curriculum. While different programs of study have a different emphasis on each institutional outcome and may have differing levels of expected competence, all programs address every institutional outcome.