|Employee Number:||9 digit number (e.g. 123456789)|
Some Capilano University applications may require special access and credentials; information on how to request access is available on the Requesting Access page.
New and existing employees
- Use Microsoft's Get back into your account page to set your account password.
- Type in your CapU email address as the Email or Username. Your CapU email address can be found in your CapU welcome email.
- Enter the characters in the picture, then click Next.
- You will need to verify who you are either by phone or email.
We use the contact information you provided during the hiring process. Select either your mobile phone or alternate email as per your verification method.
Option 1 (Mobile Phone) sends a verification code to the mobile phone number that you provided during the hiring process.
Click Text. Enter the verification code you received by text. Click Next.
Option 2 (Email) sends a verification code to the personal email that you provided during the hiring process.
Click Email. Enter the code from the email that was just sent. Click Next.
- Enter a new password and re-enter it in the "Confirm new password" field.
Your CapU password should be at least 12 characters long. It is advisable to choose a password that contains at least one letter, one number, and a special character.
You will see a notice that your password has been reset.
- You will receive a confirmation once your password has been reset both to your CapU email and your non-CapU email.
Congratulations, you have successfully enabled your account.
Existing employees that have not registered for self-service password reset (SSPR) will need to register your security recovery information. If your password has expired or you have forgotten your password you will need to contact IT before you can register for SSPR.
Once you have your security information validated, you will need to reset your password.
Once you have chosen a new CapU password, you can log in to Capilano University resources using the username and the password chosen.
Note: Your password should be at least 12 characters long. It is advisable to choose a password that contains at least one letter, one number, and a special character.