kálax-ay | the Sunshine Coast Campus of Capilano University
At Capilano University's Sunshine Coast campus, our focus is on student success. Classes are small with a high level of interaction with your instructors.
Our career programs ensure that you get a chance to apply the new skills and knowledge you're learning through real projects and community practicums.
Keep in touch with us
Stay up to date with the kálax-ay | the Sunshine Coast Campus by signing up for our newsletter.
This suite of courses enables students to earn credits toward a university credential without leaving the Sunshine Coast.
Courses can be applied to CapU programs, and most transfer to other post-secondary institutions in B.C. Take one course or take them all!
Confirmed Spring 2021 courses (all online):
- CMNS 185 – Presentation Skills for Public Speaking
- ENGL 100 – University Writing Strategies
- PSYC 100 – Introduction to Psychology I
- SOC 100 – Social Structures
- COMP 115 – Writing SOLID Code Fundamentals
- INTS 210 – Approaching Knowledge
- ANTH 206 – First Nations of British Columbia
Be sure to select Arts-General as your program choice.
Skills for Life: Join the Community Adult Learning Program at Capilano University and get ready for your future.
In today's world, we are all learning every day. Join our Skills for Life program at Capilano University and reach your learning goals.
- You may want to develop new computer skills because technology is changing our world and you want to keep up.
- You may want to brush up on your reading, writing and math skills because you have a new job or you want to help your children with their homework. Perhaps you didn't get the skills you needed when you were younger and you are ready to develop them now.
- You may be an immigrant from another country who speaks another language and you want to improve your English language skills.
Our Skills for Life program at Capilano University can support you! We will match you up with a volunteer tutor for one-on-one tutoring or you can join one of the groups we offer. We work with people to develop their skills in:
- Oral communication