Established in 1966, Aichi Gakusen College is a private university in Japan with campuses in Okazaki and Toyota.
Its original goal of providing women with quality education and career training remains to this date. Aichi Gakusen College is ranked among the earliest twenty of such women's schools in Japan.
Aichi Gakusen College Exchange and Scholarships
Exchange location: Japan (Okazaki, Aichi campus)
Exchange dates: early April to late July (one semester)
Awards: three $2,500 CAD scholarships
Application deadline for 2022 exchange: September 30, 2021
The three Aichi Gakusen Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to students who demonstrate a combination of strong academic achievement and interest in experiential learning overseas.
If you are curious and keenly interested in expanding your knowledge of the Japanese culture and language, this program may be just right for you!
The scholarship competition is open to all CapU students across all disciplines interested in studying abroad in Japan.
The minimum eligibility criteria are met if you:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0;
- Are enrolled as a full-time student (9.0 credits) at CapU;
- Plan to return to CapU for at least one major term as full-time students; and
- Submit completed application for the Aichi Gakusen Exchange Program by the deadline.
Prior to your departure, you will be required to:
- Complete a first year course (100-level) in the Japanese language;
- Be registered in a Social Studies Study Abroad course, SOCS 349 (6.0 credits); and
- Take some cross-cultural training, including reading and reviewing two books and writing three short papers on Japan.
Once abroad, you will be required to:
- Complete and submit a few travelogues and a small collection of original photographs;
- Act as a Study Abroad Ambassador for CapU and Canada. This may include providing information to students about CapU or representing Canada and CapU at study abroad events; and
- Assist in teaching English as a second language to students at Aichi Gakusen College.
Upon your return, you will be required to:
- Enroll as a full-time student (9.0 credits) during the Fall term;
- Complete a minimum of 8.0 hours of volunteer work; and
- Engage as a study abroad ambassador (e.g., supporting future Aichi students).