Established in 1966, Aichi Gakusen College is a private university in Japan with campuses in Okazaki and Toyota.
“People in Japan show their love and sincerity through small gestures and that was so wonderful to see. I gained a new family in Japan that I now call my second home.”
Bachelor of Business Administration
Summer 2023, Aichi Exchange
Aichi Gakusen College Exchange and Scholarships
Exchange location: Japan (Okazaki, Aichi campus)
Exchange dates: early April to late July (one semester)
Scholarship: three $2,500 CAD scholarships (subject to funding)
Application deadline for 2024: See Full Term Exchanges
The three Aichi Gakusen Scholarships are subject to funding and awarded on a competitive basis to students who demonstrate a combination of strong academic achievement and interest in experiential international learning overseas.
If you are curious and keenly interested in expanding your knowledge of the Japanese culture and language, this program may be just right for you!
The scholarship competition is open to all CapU students across all disciplines interested in studying abroad in Japan.
The minimum eligibility criteria are met if you:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0;
- Are enrolled as a full-time student (9.0 credits) at CapU;
- Plan to return to CapU for at least one major term as full-time students; and
- Submit completed application for the Aichi Gakusen Exchange Program by the deadline.
Prior to your departure, you will be required to:
- Complete a first year course (100-level) in the Japanese language;
- Be registered in a Social Studies Study Abroad course, SOCS 349 (6.0 credits); and
- Engage in learning about the history and culture of Japan by reading and reviewing two books and writing three short papers on Japan.
Once abroad, you will be required to:
- Take courses in Japanese language and culture;
- Complete and submit a few travelogues and a small collection of original photographs;
- Act as a Study Abroad Ambassador for CapU. This may include providing information to Aichi Gakusen students about CapU; and
- Assist in teaching English as a second language to students at Aichi Gakusen.