The bike storage facility at our North Vancouver campus offers bicycle parking for CapU faculty, staff and students.
The bike storage area is a joint partnership between Capilano University’s Facilities department, the Transportation Committee and the HR Well-being Committee.
More information about bike parking is below. If you have questions, email us at: email@example.com.
How do I gain access?
The bike storage facility is accessible by registering using the form at the bottom of the page, then using your employee/student card to unlock the facility. Please allow up to 5 business days for your card to be activated for access.
Please note, you will not receive a follow up email confirming your card has been activated. Your card will remain activated for the term in which you have requested access. You must register each term to renew your access.
By registering below, you will gain access to the storage facility however this does not guarantee a space. Space is allocated on a first come first served basis.
How long can I store my bike?
The bike storage area is intended for short-term personal bike storage only.
Bikes should not be stored overnight in the bike storage facility. If a bike needs to be stored overnight (e.g. if a mechanical problem means the bike can’t be used), please advise us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any bike left overnight may be impounded and owners subject to your bike lock access being revoked and/or a fine.
Bike parking etiquette and rules
- Park your bicycle considerately. Use bike racks properly, so more bikes may park.
- Lock your bike to an unoccupied designated rack space. Bikes weighing over 18 kg (40 lbs.) must use bottom racks.
- Do not allow entry to any unauthorized persons. Ensure that the door completely closes behind you when entering/exiting the bike storage facility.
- Overnight bicycle storage is not permitted.
- Storage of personal possessions, perishable items, or hazardous or combustible materials in the bike storage facility is prohibited.
- You are responsible for any damage to the bike storage facility caused by you or your use.
- Report any damage, security, or maintenance issues to the appropriate authorities listed below.
- Although the bike storage area is secure, please ensure you lock your bike each day, but please do not leave your lock on the rack which would make it difficult for another rider to use.
- Capilano University is not responsible for theft, loss, removal, or damage to any items stored in the bike storage facility.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information through responsible information management practices. We collect, use, retain, disclose and dispose of personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), other applicable legislation and Capilano University privacy management practices.
This form collects personal information for the purposes of verification to authorize you to access to the bike storage facility. It is collected by Capilano University under (s)(26)(c) of FIPPA. By submitting this form, you are providing your consent for the Well-being team to collect and use this information for this purpose. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.