All contractors and lessees who perform work at Capilano University are required to follow CapU’s Safety Guidelines.
These guidelines outline the responsibilities and procedures that need to be followed to ensure the health and safety of contractors, lessees and their employees, as well as the health and safety of the CapU community.
Prior to starting work at CapU, and as part of the contract process, all contractors and lessees must review the Safety Guidelines and complete the Pre-job Checklist with their CapU Liaison and/or the Manager of Occupational Health & Safety and Emergency Preparedness. The Safety Guidelines and associated documents and request forms are available below.
If the contractor has more than one job on campus, a new Pre-job Checklist must be completed for every job.
- SG-01 - Pre-Job Safety Checklist
- SG-02 - Parking and Building Access Request
- SG-03 - Fire Life Safety Systems Shutdown (FLSS) Request
- SG-04 - Hot Works Request
- SG-05 - Roof Access
- SG-06 - Confined Space
- SG-07 - High Voltage Access
- SG-08 - Utility Shutdown
- SG-09 - Tool-Equipment Request
- SGD-01 - Specific Project Requirements Forms Reference Sheet
- SGD-02 - FLLS Shutdown Guidance Document
- SGD-03 - Asbestos Guidance Document
- SGD-04 - Hot Work Permit
- SGD-05 - Tool Waiver
- SGD-06 - Emergency Procedures
- SGD-07 - CapU Main Campus Job Site Poster
- SGD-08 - CapU Lonsdale Campus Job Site Poster
- SGD-09 - CapU Residence Job Site Poster
- SGD-10 - CapU Sunshine Coast Job Site Poster