If travelling outside of Canada, please connect with capVPN first before following the instructions below.
- Install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Apple App Store and run the software once it has finished installing.
- Click New on the top-left corner of the Microsoft Remote Desktop window.
- Fill out the fields required as follows:
Connection name: Terminal Services
PC name: ts.capilanou.ca
Gateway: No gateway configured
Username: cds\firstnamelastname where firstnamelastname is your Capilano University username
Password: Your Capilano University password
- Optionally change the settings:
Resolution: 1024x768 (or any resolution that fits your monitor size)
Start session in full screen: Unchecked
Scale content: Checked
Use all monitors: Unchecked
- Close the screen by clicking the red X on the top-left corner. You should see Terminal Services under My Desktops.
- Click Start to connect to Terminal Services.
- You may see a prompt asking you to verify the certificate. Click Continue to connect to Terminal Services.
- To exit Terminal Services, open the Start Menu and click Log off.