This program does not accept applications. However, students can apply to the Indigenous Independent Digital Filmmaking Diploma and work towards earning this credential.
- Prove their creative and analytical storytelling ability by producing a treatment, outline and script for two short productions as well as an executed research plan for a fact-based story.
- Prove their leadership and management skills by developing and producing two final video productions complete with a production package for each and with the support of a crew made up of their peers.
- Demonstrate introductory technical production skills in camera, lighting, sound, editing, soundtracks, graphics, credits and effects.
- Develop and organize personal and professional components of their portfolio as well as present three different story ideas in classroom presentations and develop information for festival submissions and proposals.
- Apply Aboriginal and professional practices and protocols during their productions.
Total program credits: 31.00
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU