This program does not accept applications. However, students can apply to the Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree and work towards earning this credential.
- Apply the creative principles a writer uses to develop a screenplay and critique scripts for production purposes.
- Execute basic film directing skills, including conceiving a visual strategy for telling a story using motion picture arts, working with actors, and leading a film crew.
- Design and produce sophisticated short independent films while employing protocols of professional film set procedures and advanced technical skills in a professional manner.
- Schedule and budget the pre-production, production, and post-production of short independent films.
- Have a basic understanding of cinematic history.
Total program credits: 62.50
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU