This program does not accept applications. However, students can apply to the Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree and work towards earning this credential.
- Describe the motion picture production process and demonstrate an introductory understanding of the roles of producer, director, production designer, writer and various crew positions on the set.
- Successfully demonstrate at an entry level the scripting, development, production design, pre-production, production, post-production and delivery of short dramatic narrative independent films in a collaborative manner utilizing professional standard communication skills, protocols and techniques.
- Apply appropriate management practices and procedures including the computational, intuitive, creative and technical skills involved in screenplay development, breakdown, scheduling and budgeting for small-scale projects.
- Demonstrate keys to success, including attitude, teamwork, set etiquette, human/public relations, professional behaviour and self-marketing in the established and emerging motion picture industry sectors.
- Understand how aesthetic engagement can enable them to make cultural contributions through the effective use of media.
Total program credits: 31.00
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU