Connect your passion for supporting children and youth with in the Education Assistant (EA) Certificate program at Capilano University.
This 18-month, part-time program begins in July of each year and will give you the theory and practical strategies to help children or adolescents in the school system.
Education Assistants support students in Kindergarten-grade 12 who present with a wide range of abilities. They're in demand, with a critical shortage of trained and certified EAs for on-call, part-time or full-time positions.
You'll develop the tools, strategies and skills needed for the EA role and put it all together in a 150-hour practicum.
- Effectively support and advocate inclusionary practices for all students Kindergarten – grade 12 presenting with a wide range of abilities.
- Use appropriate technology to support students presenting with a wide range of abilities so that these students can participate productively as members of a community of learners.
- Apply practical knowledge of accommodation strategies to transfer a student’s IEP (individualized education plan) into appropriate and meaningful activities.
- Demonstrate mastery upon completion of EA program by achieving minimum program B average in all coursework, and credit status in practicum.
- Support a work atmosphere of team collaboration conducive to performance excellence, personal growth, professional growth and work satisfaction.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 30.00
Continuation requirement: a student who fails any course may not be allowed to continue in the program.
Graduation requirement: students must pass all courses and practicum achieving a CGPA of B or better.
Jun 2, 2020 - Jun 1, 2021
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Mar 8, 2021
Fee Payment Deadline
Apr 26, 2021 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Education Assistant Certificate program (EA) admission process
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to our interest list. We can then let you know when the dates are set for the program information meetings. An RSVP will be required.
It is important to attend the MANDATORY program information meeting; a requirement for program entry. Meeting dates, when set, will be posted on the University Events Calendar.
If after attending the mandatory information meeting you are interested in applying, you would need to:
- Submit an online application to the University.
- Submit a completed package of admission documents to the EA department by the deadline provided at the information session.
- Complete a Criminal Record (pdf) check.
At the information meeting, you will receive a full package detailing the complete admission process.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU