The 30-credit Early Childhood Care & Education Post Baccalaureate Diploma most benefits elementary school teachers who already have a Bachelor's Degree in Education.
Broaden your understanding of the pedagogical approaches that are shaping early childhood care and education.
Through the ECCE Post Baccalaureate Diploma Program you will:
- gain new skills and broaden your knowledge of Early Childhood politics and pedagogy
- learn about the changing global context of child care, education, families, and childhood
- consider advanced perspectives on ECCE practice and teaching.
On completion of this program you may apply to the Teacher Qualification Service for recognition of your new credential.
- Demonstrate pedagogical practices that are connected to contemporary theoretical approaches of learning, thinking and teaching in the field of early childhood care and education.
- Work collaboratively with children, families, colleagues and community to provide relevant and responsive caring and educational experiences.
- Use ethical pedagogical practices that demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity to local and global issues related to early childhood care and education.
- Engage in pedagogical practices that demonstrate mastery of the competencies required to be licensed and employed as an Early Childhood Educator in British Columbia.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 30.00
Oct 1, 2019 - Aug 4, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU