The Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE) Diploma gives students the competencies and knowledge required to work with children under the age of five in licensed preschools and childcare centres.
Education courses in the diploma meet the requirements of the Early Childhood Educator Registry for the ECE Certificate to Practice; Infant/Toddler Certificate to Practice and/or the Special Needs Certificate to Practice. Students who successfully complete an ECCE diploma are eligible to apply to the degree program.
Students in the diploma program are eligible to apply to the ECE Registry (Ministry of Children and Family Development) for the following credentials:
- ECCE Basic Certificate
- Infant Toddler Certificate
- Special Needs Certificate
- Demonstrate pedagogical practices that are connected to contemporary theoretical approaches of learning, thinking and teaching in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education.
- Work collaboratively with children, families, colleagues and community to provide relevant and responsive caring and educational experiences.
- Use ethical pedagogical practices that demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity to local and global issues related to Early Childhood Care and Education.
- Engage in pedagogical practices that demonstrate mastery of the competencies required to be licensed and employed as an Early Childhood Educator in British Columbia.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 62.50
C- is the minimum acceptable grade in all courses within the diploma. Students must also meet the university graduation requirements.
Students planning to complete the Bachelor of Early Childhood Care and Education should select a Cap Core numeracy course for their university-level elective.
Oct 6, 2020 - Aug 3, 2021
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 5, 2021
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2021 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Have questions about this program?