Build the skills to help people live healthier lives in the Bachelor of Kinesiology program at Capilano University.
As Canada’s population ages and becomes more health-conscious, the career opportunities for people with a background in kinesiology are stronger than ever.
Growing career paths include exercise kinesiology, physiology, health promotion and leadership, personal training and more.
During the program, you’ll take courses in a variety of disciplines relating to health, including anatomy and physiology, biomechanics, leadership, health promotion, career and professional preparation, research methods and ethics.
Starting in your third year, you’ll choose your specialization: exercise science or health promotion. From here, you will expand your knowledge in advanced courses in your area of interest while being supported and mentored one-on-one by CapU’s expert faculty.
Before you graduate, you’ll take part in career and professional preparation courses, field studies and a capstone course, ensuring you’ll be ready to start working to make your community healthier as soon as you finish your degree.
- Communicate effectively as professionals working in the field of kinesiology across a variety of populations, cultures, and environments.
- Critically evaluate and interpret rapidly changing health information.
- Apply acquired knowledge and practical experience to foster healthy public policy and the health of individuals and communities.
- Assess, design, and implement programs to facilitate healthy living.
- Utilize technological innovations in the field of kinesiology.
- Demonstrate industry-specific ethics, best practices, professional behaviour, and cultural safety.
- Acquire and refine job-ready knowledge, skills, and attitudes through experiential, inter-professional, and self-directed learning.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 120.00
Students starting in their baccalaureate degree on or after Fall 2018 and graduating on or after June 2022 must meet Cap Core graduation requirements in addition to their program requirements.
Students specialize by completing 12 upper-level credits in one of the following areas:
-Health Promotion Concentration: CMNS 355, KINE 325, KINE 331, KINE 335
-Exercise Science Concentration: KINE 317, KINE 320, KINE 375, KINE 390
Oct 16, 2020 - May 4, 2021
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 5, 2021
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2021 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
The letter of interest must include the following:
- The reasons why the applicant is interested in the study of Kinesiology.
- A brief description of why they have chosen Kinesiology as a career path, career goals, volunteer positions with the number of hours, life experience (work, travel, injury/illness) and their health and physical activity.
The two reference names:
- Please provide title and position of reference with a telephone number and email address.
- Examples include employer, coach, teacher or volunteer coordinator (no family or friends).
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU