Convocation is the ceremony where you, your family and your friends celebrate the successful completion of your academic credential.
2021 Winter Convocation
The 2021 Capilano University Virtual Winter Convocation Ceremonies are on February 19, 2021. Registration is now open until Sunday, January 31, 2021.
We are excited to announce the following Winter Convocation Celebration activities:
Birch Building Lower Cafeteria
Come in person to pick up your celebration package and be congratulated for your hard work.
- Please register for ONE time slot on the registration website, based on your faculty. You will have 15 minutes allotted to you and up to two guests
- Celebration package includes your Convocation program, alumni pin and a commemorative t-shirt
- Collect regalia for your photos and keep them for up to one week
- Have professional photos taken with your guests - limit two guests per graduand - proofs will be emailed to you for purchase, the week following the sessions
A note about your regalia
Traditionally, gown rentals have been $45, we are thrilled to announce the gowns are being provided at no cost. Grads may return the regalia after their slot is complete or take the gown home to wear during your virtual ceremony. Gowns must be returned by Wednesday, February 24. Instructions to follow.
Please be advised that we will be following the directions of the provincial health authority and should there be any changes to the status of the celebration package pick-up, we will let you know by email.
Friday, February 19 - 3 p.m. PST
Your ceremonies will be streamed from both our website and Facebook via CapU’s main Facebook page. Encourage your family and friends to join you in celebration with likes and comments. If you or your guests are unable to watch the ceremonies at 3 p.m., the videos will remain online following the celebration.
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Faculty of Education, Health and Human Development
Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts
Faculty of Global and Community Studies
Faculty of Business and Professional Studies
- Log on to the registration page to indicate that you plan to participate in your virtual ceremony on Friday, February 19, 2021
- Register using your Capilano University account username, it is the part before the "@" symbol of your Capilano University email address
- Complete the February 2021 Virtual Convocation page first
- If you would like to attend the Celebration package pick-up, please select your preferred time slot
- Send us a photo of yourself and your grad quote for your personal graduation slide. Your grad slide will be displayed and available to view after your ceremony
- If you do not plan on attending the Celebration package pick-up, confirm your mailing address if you would like your celebration package mailed to you
I am trying to register on the convocation website but the screen is blank, why can’t I see my ceremony?
This indicates that the incorrect user name is being used. Please register using your Capilano University account username, it is the part before the "@" symbol of your Capilano University email address.
Please make sure you are using the pronounce.capilanou.ca site to register.
Great question! Yes, you can receive a package. We ask that you register to do so on the convocation website. Please indicate that you will not be attending the celebration package pick-up, then fill in your address on the form provided.
At this time, we do not know when the next in-person ceremony will be. Every grad impacted by Covid-19 will have the opportunity to walk across the stage at a future in-person ceremony, once it is safe to do so.
We are not accepting deferrals at this time as we do not know for certain that the Spring ceremony will be in-person. Our recommendation is to participate in the Winter 2021 ceremony as best you can and to attend the next in-person ceremony when it is safe to do so. Every grad impacted by Covid-19 will have an opportunity to walk across the stage at a future in-person ceremony.
The convocation office is not able to provide letters for visa applications. Please contact email@example.com and they will direct you to the correct request form.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and keep checking your inbox for more information about your ceremony.
Congratulations and we look forward to celebrating with you soon!