In order to officially graduate from Capilano University you must submit an Application for Graduation.
Applications for the January 12, 2021 graduation are now closed. Applications will open again February 1, 2021 for the May 11, 2021 graduation.
If you applied for the January 12, 2021 graduation, please log in to your myCapU account to view your application status.
- Select a program term from the Graduation Application screen.
- Click View Graduation Applications at the bottom of the page.
|If you complete your CapU courses before||Graduation Date||Application Opens||Application Deadline||Convocation Date|
|August 24, 2020||September 8, 2020||June 15, 2020||August 1, 2020||February 19, 2021|
|December 20, 2020||January 12, 2021||October 1, 2020||December 1, 2020||February 19, 2021|
|April 25, 2021||May 11, 2021||February 1, 2021||April 1, 2021||June 7, 2021|
|August 20, 2021||September 7, 2021||June 15, 2021||August 1, 2021||February 2022|
Once you have applied:
- Your student record will be assessed to confirm completion of your program requirements.
- Students with a Letter of Permission to take courses at another institution must submit an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office by December 20, 2020 in order to graduate in January 12, 2021.
- If you have met the graduation requirements of your program, our University Senate will approve your graduation.
- If you have completed all program requirements, please check your graduation status in your myCapU Account 6 to 8 weeks after you submit your application online.
- If you are in your last term, please check your status in your myCapU Account 2 weeks after the grade submission deadline on December 20, 2020.
- Please note, all eligible applicants will receive a congratulatory email from the Registrar’s Office in the end of January, after Senate has conferred the graduates.
- Eligible graduates will receive an invitation to the Convocation Ceremony sent to your myCapU email address. For more information about Convocation, please visit our Convocation page.