In order to officially graduate from Capilano University you must submit an Application for Graduation.
Applications for the September 8, 2020 graduation are now closed. Applications will open again October 1, 2020 for the January 12, 2021 graduation.
If you applied for the September 8, 2020 graduation, please log in to your myCapU account to view your application status.
- Selected a program term from the Graduation Application screen
- Click View Graduation Applications at the bottom of the page.
If you are unsure about your program name, please look through the program list for reference.
When submitting your application on your myCapU Account make sure, you choose the right program.
If you do not find your program, choose the first program that is available to you. Please complete your application using this program. At the end of the application, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the program you wish to graduate from.
Please note, if you are applying for multiple credentials, you will need to email us with all of the programs you wish to graduate from.
|If you complete your CapU courses before||Graduation Date||Application Opens||Application Deadline||Convocation Date|
|August 24, 2020||September 8, 2020||June 15, 2020||August 1, 2020||February 19, 2021|
|December 20, 2020||January 12, 2021||October 1, 2020||December 1, 2020||February 19, 2021|
|April 25, 2021||May 11, 2021||February 1, 2021||April 1, 2021||June 7, 2021|
Once you’ve applied:
- Your student record will be assessed to confirm completion of your program requirements.
- Students with a Letter of Permission to take courses at another institution must submit an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office by August 24, 2020 in order to graduate in September 8, 2020.
- If you have met the graduation requirements of your program, our University Senate will approve your graduation.
- If you have completed all program requirements, please check your graduation status in your myCapU Account 6 weeks after you submit your application online.
- If you are in your last term, please check your status in your myCapU Account 2 weeks after the grade submission deadline on August 24, 2020.
- Please note, all eligible applicants will receive a congratulatory email from the Registrar’s Office in mid-September, after Senate has conferred the graduates.
- Eligible graduates will receive an invitation to the Convocation Ceremony sent to your myCapU email address. For more information about Convocation, please visit our Convocation page.