Applications for the May 12, 2020 graduation are now open from February 1 to April 1, 2020. Please log in to your myCapU account to apply.
Once you are on your account, please go to the Graduation Application link to submit your application.
In order to officially graduate from Capilano University you must submit an Application for Graduation.
If you are unsure about your program name, please look through the program list for reference.
When submitting your application on your myCapU Account make sure, you choose the right program.
If you do not find your program, choose the first program that is available to you. Please complete your application using this program. At the end of the application, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the program you wish to graduate from. Please note if you applying for multiple credentials, you will need to email us with all of the programs you wish to graduate from.
|If you complete your CapU courses before||Graduation Date||Application Opens||Application Deadline||Convocation Date|
|August 19, 2019||September 10, 2019||June 15, 2019||August 1, 2019||February 21, 2020|
|December 16, 2019||January 14, 2020||October 1, 2019||December 1, 2019||February 21, 2020|
|April 27, 2020||May 12, 2020||February 1, 2020||April 1, 2020||June 9, 2020|
|August 24, 2020||September 8, 2020||June 15, 2020||August 1, 2020||February 19, 2021|
|December 20, 2020||TBA||October 1, 2020||December 1, 2020||February 19, 2021|
Once you’ve applied:
- Your student record will be assessed to confirm completion of your program requirements.
- Students with a Letter of Permission to take courses at another institution must submit an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office by April 27, 2020 in order to graduate on May 12, 2020.
- If you have met the graduation requirements of your program, our University Senate will approve your graduation.
- If you have completed all program requirements, please check your graduation status in your myCapU Account 6 weeks after you submit your application online.
- If you are in your last term, please check your status in your myCapU Account 2 weeks after the grade submission deadline on April 27, 2020.
- Please note, all eligible applicants will receive a congratulatory email from the Registrar’s Office on the week of May 4, 2020.
- Eligible graduates will receive an invitation to the Convocation Ceremony sent to your Capilano email address. For more information about Convocation, please visit our Convocation section.