In order to officially graduate from Capilano University you must submit an Application for Graduation.
Applications for the May 11, 2021 graduation are now closed. Applications will open again June 15, 2021 for the September 7, 2021 graduation.
If you applied for the May 11, 2021 graduation, please log in to your myCapU account to view your application status.
- Select a program term from the Graduation Application Screen; and
- Click "View Graduation Applications" at the bottom of the page.
|If you complete your CapU courses before||Graduation Date||Application Opens||Application Deadline||Convocation Date|
|May 3, 2021||May 11, 2021||February 1, 2021||April 1, 2021||June 7 or 8, 2021|
|August 23, 2021||September 7, 2021||June 15, 2021||August 1, 2021||February 25, 2022|
|December 20, 2021||January 11, 2022||October 1, 2021||December 1, 2021||February 25, 2022|
Once you have applied:
- Your student record will be assessed to confirm completion of your program requirements.
- Students with a Letter of Permission to take courses at another institution must submit an official transcript to the Registrar’s Office by May 3, 2021 in order to graduate on May 11, 2021.
- If you have met the graduation requirements of your program, our University Senate will approve your graduation.
- If you have completed all program requirements, please check your graduation status in your myCapU Account 6 to 8 weeks after you submit your application online.
- If you are in your last term, please check your status in your myCapU Account 2 weeks after the grade submission deadline on May 3, 2021.
- Please note that all eligible applicants will receive a congratulatory email from the Registrar’s Office by the end of May, after Senate has approved the graduates.
- Eligible graduates will receive an invitation to the Convocation Ceremony sent to your CapU email address. For more information about Convocation, please visit our Convocation website.