The only program in Canada where you can take training that combines occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech/language audiology therapy.
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career? Do you want to help people, enjoy being part of a team, and generally have a positive attitude? Most Rehabilitation Assistants are employed in acute care and rehab hospitals working with clients who need support in some area of daily living. The triple-training provided in this unique program means you could be providing physical, cognitive, communication or psychosocial support. Clients come from all demographics and range from newborns to the elderly.
- Demonstrate application of RA Frame of Reference incorporating Plan, Do, Observe & Record.
- Demonstrate professionalism by taking responsibility for assigned tasks, using appropriate language, integrating constructive feedback and managing time efficiently.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, clinicians/team members, peers and instructors through oral, written and/or non-verbal methods.
- Demonstrate mastery upon completion of RA program by achieving CGPA (cumulative grade point) of B average or better in all coursework, and credit status in 3 practicum placements.
- Acquire, demonstrate and maintain practical skills necessary to fulfill the role of a rehabilitation assistant.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 63.00
Oct 6, 2020 - Jan 5, 2021
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 5, 2021
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2021 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
The Rehabilitation Assistant Diploma Program at Capilano University has been accredited by the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program in collaboration with Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Accreditation was granted to the program on November 30, 2018 for the period until November 30, 2024.
Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program, 26 - 509 Commissioners Road West, London, Ontario, N6J 1Y5; phone: 226 636 0632, website: www.otapta.ca
Thank you for your interest in the RADP program! Below is information on the admission process specific to the RADP program, which starts in the Fall term each year.
Here is the timeline and steps to apply:
|Timelines – Subject to change for Fall 2021 intake|
|November||Attend a mandatory information session, ours was held November 3. If you would like to view the recording to meet this program-specific requirement, please email email@example.com.|
|December 18, 2020||Submit your RADP application document package online by 12 p.m. PST – details on the documents to submit will be provided with the information session.|
|January/February||Shortlisted applicants will be notified of interview date/time|
|February/March||Acceptance letters will go out to successful applicants|
Criminal record check
You will need to complete a Criminal Record check for admission into this program through the University.
This should be completed before submission of your package in December. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU