Connect your passion for the outdoors with a career in CapU's Outdoor Recreation Management program.
Through classroom study, relevant field trips, and work experience, you'll develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to contribute to the exciting and challenging outdoor recreation industry.
In the program, you'll take courses in tourism marketing, financial planning, leadership and experiential education, entrepreneurship, outdoor guiding, risk management and more.
Your passion and commitment to the outdoors, along with training in the program, will prepare you for future careers in adventure tourism, community and outdoor recreation, parks and conservation, or experiential and outdoor education.
You'll also participate in a co-op work experience placement before completing your diploma, ensuring you'll make the jump from student to your new career seamlessly.
- Recognize and participate in the commercial aspect of the Outdoor Recreation Industry.
- Be able to effectively deliver information to a diversity of audiences in an outdoor recreation contex.
- Actively participate in local and global outdoor recreation community initiatives to develop competency in a leadership role, social consciousness and a sense of responsibility.
- Analyze, adapt and apply the fundamentals of environmental and cultural stewardship as they relate to the outdoor recreation industry and to the global community.
- Apply theoretical concepts, relevant research, experience-based judgment and critical thinking to make decisions within the context of commercial outdoor recreation that meet the industry standard.
- Have a comprehensive understanding and the tools necessary for working within a sustainable and environmentally conscious outdoor recreation business.
- Demonstrate professional appearance, attitudes and behaviours appropriate to the commercial outdoor recreation industry
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 65.00
Oct 6, 2020 - Aug 3, 2021
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 5, 2021
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2021 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.