Academic Advising offers 30-minute drop-in sessions for students wishing to meet one-on-one with an Academic Advisor for support with specific questions and issues. Drop-in sessions are offered on a first-come-first-served basis each day. Pre-booked 30-minute advising sessions are also available for students and should be booked two or more days in advance.
Visit us in BR230 on the second floor of the Birch Building at the North Vancouver campus.
Course Planning Workshops
Welcome, all newly admitted students!
Newly admitted students are invited to attend a course planning session offered every fall and spring term by the Academic Advising team to help you and fellow students navigate your options. At our group advising workshops, you learn how to look up and choose courses and find out which classes you need to satisfy your program’s requirements.
Course Planning Workshops for the Spring 2019 term will be held on the following dates:
|Tuesday, November 6||10 a.m.–12 p.m.||CE223|
|Friday, November 9||1:30–3:30 p.m.||FR213|
|Tuesday, November 13||5–7 p.m.||FR210|
Registration for the Spring Course Planning Workshops is now open
Booking Advising Appointments
Appointments are approximately 30 minutes in duration, booked in advance and provide an opportunity for in-depth program planning.
Students are encouraged to come to these meeting having thought about their interests, with questions developed and written down.
Appointments are offered every day and can be conducted in person at Capilano University or via telephone. Please note we do not currently offer appointments via Skype or video conferencing.
Appointments are reserved for individuals who have a Capilano University student number. During peak periods such as registration, advisors can be booked weeks in advance.
To book an appointment, please call 604 984 4900.
Appointments are ideal for:
- students who need assistance with course selection and initial program planning
- students who want to check their progress in their program
- students returning to studies following an absence (especially if they have missed two major semesters i.e. fall and spring)
- students who are exploring transfer options after a period of study at Capilano University
Drop-in Advising Sessions
Drop-In Advising sessions are approximately 30 minutes in duration and are offered through the Registrar's Office (BR230). Sessions are offered on a first-come, first-served-basis on the same day.
Drop-ins are ideal for:
- course pre-requisite
- continued support for a previously established program plan
- students with fewer than 30 credits
- newly admitted students. Please note: The Advising Centre is closed on all weekends and statutory holidays.