The Engineering Certificate program provides students with a comprehensive first-year university transfer program in engineering and is aimed at strong academic high school graduates and highly motivated post-secondary science students.
In this one-year certificate, you'll take an introduction to engineering course as well as courses in technical drafting and CAD, engineering design and materials science.
Successful completion of this program ensures that students who transfer to an engineering degree program at another institution in British Columbia typically require only three additional years of study to complete their degree.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method and to be able to apply it critically to solve problems.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques, including the use of appropriate equipment and instrumentation.
- Develop original designs to solve engineering problems.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret laboratory data, draw sound conclusions and then effectively communicate the results.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well independently and in groups.
- Engage in informed debate on topics related to technology.
- Effectively apply scientific concepts towards subsequent coursework.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 43.00
Continuation Requirement: For continuation in the Engineering Certificate program, the student must normally satisfy all of the following requirements: complete MATH 116 by the end of the First Term of the program; maintain a minimum CGPA of 1.8; be able to complete all program requirements within one academic year.
Graduation Requirement: To be eligible for graduation, all program requirements must normally be completed within one academic year.
Oct 6, 2020 - Aug 3, 2021
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 5, 2021
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2021 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Students with less than 67% in English Studies 12 or English 12 or English First Peoples 12 will be required to write the Capilano University English Diagnostic Test (EDT) or Language Proficiency Index (LPI) prior to registering in an English course.
Admission is competitive, so meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU