If English is not your first language, you can improve your English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in small, tuition-free* English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses at Capilano University.
Whether you are an international student or new resident of Canada, taking EAP courses will help you build your English language skills quickly, learning from friendly, experienced instructors who will help you focus on getting up to speed for college or university classes.
In our extensive English as a second language (ESL) courses, you'll learn how to:
- research and write academic essays;
- read academic textbooks and peer-reviewed articles;
- understand academic lectures and take notes;
- deliver academic presentations based on research;
- improve your English skills for work or personal interest; and
- participate in experiential learning in the community.
After completing the English for Academic Purposes program, you’ll meet the full language requirements to enter any of our diploma or degree programs and continue excelling in your own language learning.
Tuition for Canadian citizens and permanent residents taking EAP 050, EAP 060, EAP 080 and EAP 090 is free at CapU; however, you will still be responsible for student life fees.
Visit the "Tuition" tab to learn more about tuition fees and the "Courses" tab to find out about required courses.
See an overview of the full-time, post-secondary EAP Program (pdf) or contact us below for more information.