The Writing Centre's English instructors can help you with any questions relating to your writing process.
Writing Centre instructor schedules
Writing Centre instructors are available for drop-in, one-on-one writing support during the Summer I term, in person 5 days a week — Library Building, room LB126, in the Learning Commons area — and online on Wednesdays.
This schedule starts on Monday, May 8 and goes until Friday, June 23, excluding weekends and the Victoria Day holiday (Monday, May 22).
Find out more about the Summer I schedule by selecting the link below.
How we can help
Writing Centre instructors can help you with any questions relating to your writing process, including but not limited to:
- understanding a course text;
- outlining or planning an assignment;
- getting feedback on a draft;
- making sense of errors that your course instructors have flagged in their assignment feedback;
- engaging with, integrating, and documenting source material using MLA, APA, Chicago, or any other academic style
- understanding academic integrity and avoiding plagiarism; and
- preparing for the English Diagnostic Test and/or reviewing your placement results.
Like all other university and college Writing Centres, we cannot correct an assignment that students then submit for grading.
Instead of proofreading for you, we offer active, instructional editing. This method involves helping students understand and correct errors in a paragraph or two, providing general feedback for improvement, and pointing you in the direction of additional resources.
Our English instructors will guide students through this process, helping them with the corrections. Our goal in the Writing Centre is to empower students to proofread and edit their own work.