Our Paralegal Diploma graduates work in law firms, corporations and government agencies under the supervision of a lawyer performing interesting and rewarding substantive and procedural legal work.
The CapU Legal Studies department has an excellent reputation and our graduates are highly sought after. We work closely with the legal industry to ensure that our curriculum is current and relevant. Our Paralegal Diploma is a full-time 2-year program for students who have already completed a minimum of two years of post-secondary education or equivalent learning experience. This program includes substantive law, procedural law and legal skills courses and students are required to complete a six-month paid practicum at the end of their studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to examine various legal problems by identifying appropriate areas of the law and sources to consult in commencing the process of legal analysis.
- Demonstrate competence in researching legislation, case law and other secondary legal materials.
- Summarize legal research findings in appropriate legal formats with clear and compelling analysis and conclusions.
- Demonstrate competence in effective communication in legally relevant contexts such as presentations of case summaries, interviewing clients, and group presentations.
- Prepare, draft and produce legal documents, including pleadings and other court documents, wills, corporate documents, or real estate documents.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and ability to identify legal issues in a broad range of areas through an exposure to a variety of legal subjects.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 69.00
Continuation Requirement: Any student whose cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0 (C) will not be permitted to continue in the program.
Graduation Requirement: Students must complete all courses in the curriculum and achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher in order to graduate.
Oct 1, 2019 - Aug 4, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU