October 30—Capilano University and CFA bargaining update
Capilano University and Capilano Faculty Association (CFA) met on Wednesday, October 25.
During this meeting, the parties continued discussions on the following topics, among others:
- Improving benefits and the health-care spending account
- Establishing a one-time Wellness Spending Account (WSA)
- Scale placement of non-regular employees—timing of placement and placement cap
- Increasing Private Music Instructors (PMI) hourly rate and reviewing duty load
- Providing Indigenous employees with the right to have an Indigenous Elder or traditional knowledge carrier or keeper of their choosing attend meetings with administrators in support of the employee
- Introducing a Letter of Understanding which incorporates language for enhancing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) on search committees and the dispute resolution committee
The parties made advances on finalizing agreements on the following topics:
- Transitioning the academic year
- Multi-Location and Multi-Site Work (MLOC)
- Introducing a Letter of Agreement which establishes a joint committee tasked with producing recommendations for vacation practices at the University and for possible changes to the collective agreement
The next scheduled bargaining date with the CFA is November 15. As the bargaining process continues, we’ll provide updates as needed.
Submitted by: Communications