The Advanced Arts and Entertainment Management Certificate provides students with the skills, experience and contacts necessary to gain employment in the industry.
This one-year program requires two years of post-secondary training or equivalent work experience and offers students a unique blend of course work and practicum experience in the arts and entertainment industry.
Students gain an overview of all aspects of arts and entertainment management, including marketing, resource development, and financial, tour, production and artist management in both the commercial and non-profit cultural sectors.
All coursework will be fully online for Summer 2021.
- Explain key concepts regarding planning, funding, producing, budgeting and promoting and arts and entertainment event.
- Generate the administrative aspects of planning and producing an event.
- Apply arts and entertainment management knowledge, skills, theories and processes learned in the classroom to hands-on, relevant work experience, including volunteer activities and practicums.
- Operate as part of a team to produce a performing arts event.
- Demonstrate skills in written communication through clear and concise writing.
- Employ principles of effective oral communication including effectively managing meetings and groups.
- Prepare, write and monitor an arts and entertainment budget.
- Outline the operation of an arts/entertainment event to determine the strengths and weaknesses.
- Distinguish all aspects of the creation, production and dissemination of an artistic project.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 34.00
Jun 1, 2021 - Apr 5, 2022
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Mar 7, 2022
Fee Payment Deadline
May 2, 2022 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Students who have industry experience but have not completed the required amount of post-secondary education may be admissible to the Advanced Arts and Entertainment Management Certificate.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar.Apply Now