Program Name Change Notice
Starting in Fall 2021, the Indigenous Independent Digital Filmmaking Diploma program will be known as the Indigenous Digital Filmmaking Diploma program.
Indigenous Independent Digital Filmmaking Diploma
This program offers high quality creative and technical training for Indigenous students interested in film and TV production. Come and learn from respected Indigenous industry professionals at CapU’s state-of-the-art Bosa Centre for Film and Animation.
Career opportunities in Indigenous film and TV production are growing. Our students come from all around the country to learn from experienced Indigenous instructors. You'll study everything from scriptwriting to shooting and post-production — and leave ready to start work.
To earn your diploma, you'll need to complete both years of this program. Diploma students can apply to the third year of the Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts degree at CapU. Graduates have gone on to crew across all production departments or work on their own productions.
- Prove their creative and analytical storytelling ability by producing a treatment, outline and script for two short productions as well as an executed research plan for a fact based story.
- Prove their leadership and management skills by developing and producing two final video productions complete with a production package for each and with the support of a crew made up of their peers.
- Demonstrate introductory technical production skills in camera, lighting, sound, editing, sound tracks, graphics, credits and effects.
- Develop and organize personal and professional components of their portfolio as well as present three different story ideas in classroom presentations and develop information for festival submissions and proposals.
- Apply Aboriginal and professional practices and protocols during their productions.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 62.50
Oct 1, 2019 - Aug 4, 2020
Course Registration & Waitlisting Starts
Jul 6, 2020
Fee Payment Deadline
Aug 24, 2020 4:00 PM
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
Have questions about this program?