Effective as of the Fall 2020 intake, this program is changing its name to Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Students admitted into the Fall 2020 intake onwards will graduate under the new program name of Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Build your own interdisciplinary degree with courses chosen from across the Arts and Sciences.
Uncover the connections that reflect the world around you while developing skills modern employers consider essential.
In your final year, you will produce an impressive graduating project that will cap off your entire university experience. This Bachelor of Arts program is designed by you, for you.
- Initiate, execute and take responsibility for a self-directed interdisciplinary research project emerging directly from the student’s own academic and/or professional interests.
- Describe and integrate concepts, theories, and practices from across core academic disciplines with an awareness of limits of knowledge.
- Apply foundational learning (knowledge, critical thinking, research skills, imagination, and judgment) and holistic problem solving skills in academic work.
- Synthesize knowledge to produce critically searching interdisciplinary work.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative reasoning and research methods while identifying and understanding the application of ethical reasoning with a particular emphasis on working appropriately with human subjects and conducting field work.
- Produce well-organized and coherent university-level materials, individually or in a group, which meet stated objectives and audience needs in written, oral, digital and/or visual forms.
- Consider and assess the potential impact of interpretative frameworks, decisions and actions on people and the environment, locally and globally.
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.