Instructions for declaring your vaccination status
As previously shared, Capilano University requires students and employees to confidentially self-disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status through the CapU Safe App.
The declaration process is quick and provides valuable information for our future planning. Responses are due end of day on Friday, October 15, 2021.
- Download/open the CapU Safe App on your mobile device
- Click the “Vaccine Declaration” button
NOTE: If you don’t see the button, ensure you accept the in-app update notification found at the bottom of your mobile device screen. If you’re having sign-in issues, delete CapU Safe from your mobile device and reinstall from the App Store or Google Play.
- Confirm your student/employee ID number and email address
- Verify your COVID-19 vaccination status by selecting one of these choices:
- I am fully vaccinated with two doses
- I am partially vaccinated
- I am unvaccinated
- I decline to provide my vaccination status
- Click “Submit”
- Close the CapU Safe App
- Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email. Check your “Junk Email” or “Spam” folder if you don't receive it in your inbox.
If you don’t have a mobile device to access the CapU Safe App, please submit your COVID-19 vaccine declaration through this online form.
Collecting this information and receiving your answers is critical to understanding where we are as a university community and what future actions may be necessary to further reduce the risk of COVID-19. Those who are not vaccinated or choose not to declare their vaccination status may be required to participate in additional safety measures.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Campus
We know that vaccines are the most effective method of fighting the spread and symptoms of COVID-19. For those not yet vaccinated, you can get your vaccinations at our Vax for CapU drop-in clinic on October 6 at the Birch Building Cafeteria from 11:30 a.m.–3 p.m., or visit a drop-in clinic near you.
As always, thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Submitted by: Communications