Gain the skills and confidence to start a career in the financial services sector in less than a year in the tuition-free Accounting Assistant Certificate program at Capilano University.
In the program, you'll take courses in accounting, bookkeeping, computer applications, office administrative procedures and gain work experience by taking part in a two-week practicum before graduation.
The Accounting Assistant Certificate program is now tuition-free, funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement.
This new development program is designed to help people impacted by COVID-19 gain job-related skills, reattach to the labour market and prepare for current and emerging job opportunities while the economy recovers.
Whether you have lost your job (been furloughed or laid off), have had your hours reduced or are looking to get into a new career, this program can help by giving you the tools and knowledge needed to navigate the new COVID-19 landscape.
- Prepare business emails, letters and memos using fundamental principles of grammar, punctuation, and written communication skills so that the message is clearly transmitted.
- Apply basic math skills in the computation of the numerical aspects of business situations.
- Analyze and record basic accounting transactions accurately and thoroughly for different types of business organizations.
- Operate Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint as software tools to be used in a business setting.
- Record accounting transactions using a variety of computerized accounting programs.
- Produce an effective team project which links high-performance team and group concepts.
- Use their resume, letters of application, interviewing techniques and other job strategies to seek employment and complete a two week practicum placement.
Tuition and Fees Per Year
Note: Fees are subject to change. Some programs have fees for supplies and equipment that aren’t included in the estimate. To get an idea of what you’ll pay to study at CapU, try out our Tuition & Fees Estimator.
Total program credits: 30.00
Students who achieve a minimum grade of B in the following courses will receive credit from the School of Business:
-BTEC 117 and BTEC 217 may substitute for BFIN 141;
-BTEC 125 and BTEC 126 may substitute for BCPT 123 and a business elective;
-upon completion of the Accounting Assistant program, BTEC 211 may substitute for CMNS 220.
Note: BTEC 252 is equivalent to BADM 106
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.