Distribution of COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits for Students and Employees
As part of a broader post-secondary rapid test kit distribution by the BCCDC and Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training, Capilano University has received a shipment of rapid antigen test kits as an optional, time-limited initiative for the use of symptomatic employees and students.
Each test kit package contains five rapid antigen tests. The tests are a self-managed tool. Asymptomatic screening is not recommended by public health and tests distributed to post-secondary institutions from the provincial supply are not to be used for asymptomatic screening programs (e.g., travel requirements or proof of wellness for unvaccinated people). Please review the BCCDC guidance for Rapid Testing for Post-Secondary Institutions.
Starting Tuesday, February 22, each student studying in-person on our campuses and learning locations and living at CapU Student Housing, can pick up one package of testing kits, containing five rapid antigen tests.
Students on the main campus
- CapU is partnering with the Capilano Students’ Union (CSU) to distribute COVID-19 rapid antigen testing kits.
- With your CapCard on hand, you can pick up your package at the member services desk in the Library Lounge (room LB195) between 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- If you’re picking up test kits on behalf of someone else, please bring written permission from the student, which must include name and student ID.
- Due to limited supply, we are limiting you to one pack of five rapid test kits at this time. If there are remaining test kits, the CSU will open up a second round of pick-ups on Monday, March 7, at 9:30 a.m.
Students living at CapU Student Housing
- You will receive your package of test kits from the Student Housing Services office.
Students at kálax-ay Sunshine Coast campus, CapU Lonsdale and Ts̓zil Learning Centre
- You can pick up your kits at the main office in those locations, or from your instructor at Ts̓zil.
- Please note for these locations, test kits will be arriving after February 22.
Starting Tuesday, February 22, administrators will be receiving packages of test kits, based on their count of on-campus employees; and, distributing one package of testing kits, containing five rapid antigen tests, to employees who are currently working on campus.
Employees working at kálax-ay Sunshine Coast campus and CapU Lonsdale can pick up their package of test kits at the main office in those locations. Employees at the Ts̓zil Learning Centre can pick up from the coordinator. Please note for these locations, test kits will be arriving after Tuesday, February 22.
For the latest news and updates, check out the Campus Ready webpage.
Submitted by: Communications