The Human Kinetics Diploma – Physical Education stream focuses on the sociological and educational concepts of teaching and coaching.
Please note: The last intake for this program was Fall 2019. Any students interested in studying Human Kinetics should apply to the Diploma in Human Kinetics.
Are you passionate about sport and fitness? Do you want to motivate others to develop their skills and fitness levels? Our Physical Education stream prepares you for a career in coaching, physical education, fitness instruction, recreation programming and leadership.
It’s suitable for students planning to transfer to UBC to study for a BA in Kinesiology, and many other schools accept our courses for transfer as well. Students planning to enter the Faculty of Education at UBC should meet with an advisor from CapU's Faculty of Education to discuss course selection.
- Effectively communicate - in written and oral forms - using appropriate health and Human Kinetics terminology where applicable.
- Describe how physical, social and psychological factors impact the health of an individual and community.
- Collect, evaluate and interpret health and Human Kinetics research data.
- Assess, design and implement health, fitness and educational programs.
- Utilize technology to analyze heath and human movement.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and ethics.
Total program credits: 60.00
Note: Dates are subject to change.
How to apply
- Check the admissions requirements.
- Check the application and document deadlines for your program.
- Complete and submit your application through EducationPlannerBC.
- Upload all your required/supporting official documents.
- Pay your application fee.
- Admissions will review your application and contact you.
For the official publication of programs, course descriptions and admission requirements please view the Capilano University Calendar (pdf).Apply to CapU