Global Coproduction Film Project
VIA and CapU Film Students in collaboration with the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance
Call for expressions of interest
Call for expressions of interest for 2022 global coproduction film projects open now to film students in third and fourth year (CapU) and fourth and sixth semester (VIA).
In Spring 2021, VIA University College's Film and Transmedia in Aarhus, Denmark and CapU's School of Motion Picture Arts in North Vancouver, Canada launched a virtual coproduction film project inspired by the theme of global sustainability.
Currently in motion, this project involves creative teams composed of VIA and CapU student filmmakers, faculty and creators across both sides of the Atlantic.
The project has a potential to culminate in having some of the works selected to screen at the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance, which CapU is a proud member of, in June 2021.
The VIA/CapU Project 2021
- Organized in Creative Teams of four to five members, CapU and VIA students will work together virtually on a 'Screenlife', a 'Cinemagraph', or a short film.
- Student filmmakers will draw inspiration from themes surrounding global sustainability.
- Short films and 'Screenlife' creations will be considered for entry to the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance Festival.
- Cinemagraph creations will be considered for entry to screen as 'bumpers' (shown at intervals and intermissions) during the festival.
- Project feedback and mentorship will be provided by CapU and VIA Faculty, including Michael Thoma (CapU) and Henrik Hoejer (pdf), Mette Jellinge (pdf) and Rune Lünell (pdf) (VIA).
This virtual global coproduction was open to third-and fourth-year Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree students at CapU and fourth-and sixth-semester VIA Film and Transmedia students at VIA University College.
- February (early): Students’ expressions of interest are reviewed and interested students are invited to a student/faculty meet and greet. Creative teams are formed in cross-Atlantic groups of two students per team minimum (e.g. 1 CapU and 1 VIA student). Students then work together on their proposal and prepare to pitch to faculty who provide continuous guidance and mentorship.
- February (mid) to May 2021:Approved projects move through pre-production, production, and post-production.
- May 2021: Project delivery and review of submissions
- June 2021: Screening of selected submissions at the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance.
Interested in coproduction projects like this one?
Complete the form below to express your interest in similar global coproduction film projects in 2022.
We will add you to our email list and you’ll be the first to know when a similar project is launched.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information through responsible information management practices. We collect, use, retain, disclose and dispose of personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), other applicable legislation and Capilano University privacy management practices.
This form collects personal information for the purposes of verification of the Expression of Interest. It is collected by Capilano University under (s)(26)(c) of FIPPA. By submitting this form, you are providing your consent for the Centre for International Experience (Study Abroad) and VIA Faculty to collect and use this information for this purpose. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.