Global Coproduction Film Project
VIA and CapU Film Students in collaboration with the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance
Call for expressions of interest
Call for expressions of interest open now until February 8, 2021.
VIA University College's Film and Transmedia in Aarhus, Denmark and CapU's School of Motion Picture Arts in North Vancouver, Canada invite our film students to join a virtual coproduction film project inspired by the theme of global sustainability. This is an opportunity to work with peer filmmakers, faculty and creators across both sides of the Atlantic and have your work selected to screen at the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance in June 2021.
- CapU and VIA students will work together virtually on a 'Screenlife', a 'Cinemagraph', or a short film.
- Student filmmakers will draw inspiration from themes surrounding global sustainability.
- Short films and 'Screenlife' creations will be considered for entry to the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance Festival. Cinemagraph creations will be considered for entry to screen as 'bumpers' (shown at intervals and intermissions) during the festival.
- Project feedback and mentorship will be provided by CapU and VIA Faculty, including Michael Thoma (CapU) and Henrik Hoejer (pdf), Mette Jellinge (pdf) and Rune Lünell (pdf) (VIA).
All 3rd and 4th year Bachelor of Motion Picture Arts Degree students at CapU and 4th and 6th semester VIA Film and Transmedia students at VIA University College are invited to join us on this virtual global journey.
- February 8: Complete the form below to express your interest in this project.
- February 11: Interested students will be invited to a student/faculty meet and greet. Project teams will be formed in cross-Atlantic groups of two students per team minimum (e.g. 1 CapU and 1 VIA student). Students will work together on their proposal and be prepared to pitch to faculty who will provide feedback and mentorship.
- February to May 2021: Approved projects will move through pre-production, production, and post-production.
- May 2021 (date TBA): Project delivery and review of submissions.
- June 2021 (date TBA): Screening of selected submissions at the Global Sustainability Short Film Alliance.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information through responsible information management practices. We collect, use, retain, disclose and dispose of personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), other applicable legislation and Capilano University privacy management practices.
This form collects personal information for the purposes of verification of the Expression of Interest. It is collected by Capilano University under (s)(26)(c) of FIPPA. By submitting this form, you are providing your consent for the Centre for International Experience (Study Abroad) and VIA Faculty to collect and use this information for this purpose. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.