All students, faculty and staff contribute to making CapU a safe, nurturing environment for learning. Campus Security is committed to ensuring the safety of students, employees and visitors through effective policies and procedures, educational programming and community involvement.
To Serve and Protect
- To create a safe environment conducive to learning by providing campus-wide patrol and Safe Walk options
- Responding to various campus incidents and calls for first aid
- Daily inspection of security systems, equipment, areas, buildings and property
- Engaging in proactive anticipation, recognition, and appraisal of crime risks based on an all-hazards approach, and initiating the action needed to mitigate risk
- Providing education to the campus that cultivates safety and security awareness, through personal engagement, the CapU Safe App and other initiatives
- Liaising with North Vancouver RCMP and other emergency responders to create mutually beneficial relationships and identify risks from external sources
- To bring awareness to harassment, intimidation, workplace violence and domestic violence, and provide education and training in de-escalation
- Cultivate a community of responsibility, caring, and willingness to report crime and violent incidents to security or police.
Available Security Services
Contact 604 984 1763 for lost and found, incident reporting, first aid, Safe Walk, access control, wildlife management, missing persons, auto crime reporting, CapU Safe App.
For further information on our winter weather procedures and answers to common security questions please see: