A safe and supportive space for Indigenous students at CapU.
Kéxwusm-áyakn — "a place to meet"
We welcome all Indigenous students to the Kéxwusm-áyakn Student Centre. This is a safe space for students of First Nations, Inuit and Métis ancestry. Meet new people and find support. Relax, share and study.
You'll find the Centre in the Library Building, room LB196. It's on the ground floor, next to the Capilano Student Union Lounge.
The Kéxwusm-áyakn Student Centre is named after the Squamish Nation (Swxwú7mesh—Sko-ko-mish) word for "a place to meet." It offers Indigenous students:
- a safe place to relax and meet new people
- useful information and resources
- space to study, meet and eat lunch
- use of computers and a printer
- fridge, microwave and sink
- telephone for local calls
- notice board for events
- cultural workshops
- contact with in-residence Elders.